This Policy summarises the arrangements within the Organisation that ensures continuity of communication with duty managerial staff during the hours outside the normal working day:
1. “Out-of-Hours” is defined as follows:
Weekdays: (17:00) pm to (09:00) am, Monday to Friday.
Weekends: 24/7 on call service.
2. The normal office telephone system is used during the working day, and communication with the Duty Manager’s mobile telephone is made as needed in the normal way.
3. At the end of the working day continuity with the Duty Manager is maintained through one of two procedures:
By switching the office telephone system onto “direct divert” to the Duty Manager’s mobile telephone number.
By activating the answering machine on the office telephone system, which clearly informs the caller of the Duty Manager’s mobile telephone number to be called.
4. At the beginning of the new working day, the office telephone system is switched back to the normal mode of use.
5. Any complaints regarding an inability to contact the Duty Manager during out-of-hours should be reported directly to the Domiciliary Care Services Manager as a priority matter to enable appropriate action to be taken to investigate and resolve the problem.